Life Lately
I don't know where to start but.. I got a huge unexpected plot twist at the first day of 2023.
My workplace was once relocated to the office located relatively near to my house in the beginning of the year (big YAY), where I fully anticipated and expected—and one of the reason why I let go of Room 16.
But, BUT, one thing or another got in the way, or simply the universe wants to test me to another level, suddenly I was moved into Sudirman office.
I can't help but remember A once wondering why I don't go to work to SCBD area, since according to him, seemed sophisticated and sort of cool which made me swear "there's no way in hell I got to work there!"
And there I was, pulling all night to get the work done until 03 A.M in one of that tall building. Oh the irony 😌
To be honest, I love working here regardless the lift queue and the price of the meal—it was only few steps away to Grand Lucky, and plenty options of public transport—forcing me to walk more than 5km everyday and I believe it sort of helped to improve my physical strength ...
... but apparently not my mental strength 😅
I literally bleed for two months, got bruises everywhere on both my legs, gulped milk coffee every single day to stay awake and stay sane (I already worried about my daily sugar intake even though I ordered less sugar), felt extremely exhausted, got panic attack every time my phone chimes, silently burst out tears on the back seat of the taxi, etc.
I got no time—to wash my hair, to rest—for my self and A; let alone time to clean the house. Coming home past 9 P.M only to find that my house is a literal mess yet got no strength left to fix it. And then there's weekend, two precious days where I got the power only to do the mandatory chores—not enough to clean up the mess, and even sometimes got distracted by work calls and midnight zoom meeting. Endless loophole for months. Oh, and I forgot to mention that whenever I came home late means that A would stay awake until I reach home. I felt terrible for him. Those were sort of thing that kept me from being "You've got this Zi" to "you should consider to stop".
I usually was not a person who easily give up, even HR once said that I was placed (along with one friend) to certain division because among all of new joiners, only both of us were mentally tough enough based on our psychology test result.
Some people just questioned my decision but it was not my job to explain to them. Not gonna lie though, that thought sometimes got into me either. As a matter of fact, I'm torn between
or
"Am I being such a baby about this"
or
"The clock is ticking, should I prepare something so I won't face the next two years with an empty head"
or
"Good Lord my house is helpless".
Fast forward, the last two were the winner. Actually, this was not me giving up, this was me taking a short break to something bigger that is about to come next.
Another highlight.
I had rented a room around Cipete Raya for a solid month, lined up for Kopi Tuku every morning, commuted to office with MRT—experiencing life as Jakselian (is that even a word though), and still did not change the fact that it would have made anything better. None of my workmates know any of this 😝. Yet no matter how close it is from the office, home is my ultimate comfort zone and the cure itself.
Another highlight.
I had the best time in my life this February—meeting and getting to know new, cool people with various backgrounds whom about to be sent all over the world. and being so honored to be in 30 minute lecture with a person I adored since a long time ago that brought me in a situation where I desperately try to get into UI so that I could join her public lecture one day. Never once in my life that it was happening in this February 💕.
Another highlight.
A did not want to miss the picnic vibe during long weekend, so the next day we went to Urban Forest Cipete, soaked up the sun, went home stuffed with a happy heart.
I realized I barely write anything here since 2022. Apparently I found alternatives to clear my mind other than writing—and one of it is walking. >9000 steps during commuting explains a lot why I take the courage to redirect my life at my 30s. A long hours to contemplate and to argue with myself, all happened inside my head.
I swear I'm gonna come up with more of regular posts, but part of me did not want to be all whiny 😂. According to what happen lately in the twitter world, some posts that I think is harmless, some people might think it is harmful and that exactly what's holding me for writing in the internet world 😖 Like, anything could be triggering for some people, as simple as indomie for lunch after swimming session 😭 Come on people, spend your energy to something else, like writing online journal (regularly) to keep most of your life 😝
Zi




7 comments
Kak Zi, welcome back! I miss reading your post 😭. Btw, kerja sampai jam 3 a.m!! yaampun, gimana nggak menangis, Kak 😭. From me, semoga keputusan Kakak sekarang membawa dampak yang baik untuk mental Kakak!
ReplyDeleteBtw, Kakak ke Semasa di hari pertama kah? Aku juga ke sana!! Kalau Kakak di sana waktu hari pertama juga, ini lucu banget karena ternyata kita pernah di lokasi yang sama tanpa disadari🤣
Kak, aku rasa dunia blog berbeda dengan dunia Twitter. Mungkin memang tergantung circlenya juga, tapi sejauh ini dunia blog yang aku tahu sangat amat tenang damai zen slow living paced 🤣 merasa takut soal hal tsb wajar karena aku juga merasakan hal yang sama, but please keep writing in here! Aku suka banget baca tulisan Kakak 🥺. Masalah makan indomie setelah renang itu memang sangat kocak sih WKWK, aku nggak nyangka akan menemui momen dimana ada orang yang mempermasalahkan makan indomie setelah renang 🤣.
P.S Kopi susu Tuku enak banget ya 😭🫶🏻
Aaa thank you Li! I really hope so!
ReplyDeleteAku ke sana day-2 sepertinya. Asik banget yaa ada event seperti semasa, supaya g melulu ke mall.
Haha iya kan apa aja bisa dijadikan perkara sama netizen twitter. Siap Lii, aku berusaha memulai nulis di sini meskipun sekenanya, karena kalau baca postingan aku yg dulu2, feeling nostalgic sih.. I wish I write more on this platform. Lia juga janji yaa sering2 post di blog 😝
Hihihi kopi tuku terluv <3
Iya, asik banget, Kak! Aku senang banget ada event seperti Semasa iniii. Nanti bulan September ada event lagi di Urban Forest Cipete 🙈 tapi bukan Semasa sih.
DeleteYeeey! Aku tunggu tulisan-tulisan baru Kak Zi ya 😍. Aku juga berusaha untuk keep update di blog 😆
OMG even by now I haven't written any of it Li 😭
DeleteKak Ziii ayo mana tulisan barunya 🤣
DeleteKalo banyak orang yang menganggab kerja di SCBD dan Sudirman area itu keren, mereka pasti belum pernah ngerasain kerasnya hidup di sana 🤣🤣. Feel you mba... Dulu aku pernah ngerasain juga ditempatin di kantor pusat WTC Sudirman, dan stress yg ada 😂😂.
ReplyDeleteTerutama harga makanan ga ada yg murah hahahaha. Untungnya cuma setahunan, dan next nya ditaro ke kantor cabang lain di manggadua. LBH jauh, tp ga lebih macet dan setidaknya mental health terjaga 😄.
Kenapa yaaa di Sudirman area sana kayak workaholic semua orang2nya , mana kerja suka pada sikut2an 😅
Duuuh baca kopi tuku jadi pengen 😄. Pas di mangdu ada yg jual Deket kantor. Krn skr udh resign, Deket rumahku g ada .. kangen juga ngopi itu ☺️.
ITU DIA MBA.
Deletemasih menjadi misteri kenapa bisa seperti itu 🤣
ternyata faktor kewarasan juga dipengaruhi lokasi kantor 😅
Kalau weekend bisa atuh melipir ke tuku hihi. anyway salam kenal yah mba