Jogja Trip
Come to think of it.. we never really go vacation, after more than 5 year marriage. To just go on a new place solely for refreshing—not because in order to attend someone's wedding reception, or to meet our parents, or to look for a rented room, or to attend graduation ceremony. We always get out of town in a certain agenda—and that was not for just the two of us enjoying our presence.
It is funny how I always celebrate every new phase of life in Jogja. There was one time I went to Jogja with my KKN friends for closure and starting thesis phase, one other time I sneaked apart from the study excursion group to meet my dear friend--and getting scolded by them afterwards, one other time to celebrate my bachelor graduation, one other time to spend a reaaally good times with old friends a month after starting my first job, and some other time we spent 2 nights at Jogja before ngunduh mantu reception.
So this short trip is dedicated to us; to me who take a turning point in a not-so-young-age; and to A who wants to take a short getaway from his job. And here I am trying to write down all the (bitter)sweet memories we had during the trip 😀
First of all, I might mentioned it here—so in the future I won't make mistake again, is to make sure that the chosen date was not during school break. That was #mistakeno1 we did and deeply regret. This was very important but never slipped in mind because I just randomly chose the date. The higher hotel fare must explain a lot but still I did not get the clue 😅
#mistakeno2 was to choose hotel located faraway from our destination's list. I happened to book hotel at Prawirotaman located in the south, while our destination list are mostly in northern suburban 😢
#mistakeno3 was to flipped A's furious switch for being late to the train station (I thought he was waiting for the heavy rain to stop so I take my time as much as I can, turned out he's just waiting for me to get ready the whole time 😝) got caught in the middle of traffic jam, spend 3 hours just to get to train station with an empty stomach, had to improvise the schedule but thank God we were an hour early from departure schedule.
#mistakeno4 : A chose to wear his long forgotten pair of sneakers that did not take much time for the soles to tear apart along the way 😂 plus he despise me for choosing economy train 😫 (I was totally okay with economy train but apparently A wasn't) oh dear I felt so helpless during the night ride until the point that the thought of me offering him to forget our plan and ride back to home by the next train popped up in mind. I was so close to give up since I can't bear any longer looking the dark clouds hanging around A's head.
but thank God we didn't, because we were having a blast!!
This was our second time to stay at Green Host Hotel. The place appeared to be more greener, bushier (in a good way of course) than the last time we were here, but still managed to keep the serenity even though it is located in a narrow alley.
Since the trip was planned far in advance, I made a reservation to dine in at Golden Geisha ramen. Oh my God it was soo goood!! 😆And we also try Nanamia Pizzeria!! Don't get me started about how reasonable the price is, compared to ramen or authentic pasta we've got at Ibukota!
And in order to balance the brain (since I use too much of the left brain apparently), we visited ArtJog2023. Too bad I already deleted the pictures, but how can I put in into words about what I felt by viewing arts there.. some arts could leave that unsettling, disturbing feeling.. but that is how good art works, said A.
We savor the food Jogja has to offer.. and my toxic traits is whenever we go out I have to grab iced coffee. We drop by A's ex room mate coffeeshop, Saka Coffee (be sure to come here ya guys 😜#ad (imagine how hard I contemplate after coming back from that place, that people my age already run a coffeeshop and there's me who still try figure out things 😔)
Even though we always gravitate towards food, but on the last day we managed to go to the Slili beach.
We were grateful for Sol Sepatu Bangkit for being there, exist gracefully on the side of the UGM bridge. We made sure the next time we go there we obviously bring our (tons of) broken shoes to fix 😂.
AND the last part and the most important highlight of Jogja trip was.. Nasi Kuning MUNA CUNG. The best nasi kuning I have ever tried in my life and really worth the price (a bit pricey compared to other nasi kuning but trust me on this one, this was BOMB!) The pic is not aesthetic since the stall located in Pasar. This was our second attempt since the first time we get there, there was a longer queue.
So what food (or ice coffee) in Jogja we should try next? 😆

.png)




0 comments