Irony

by - 10:03 PM

About 5 years ago, I published a study about maternal mortality rate in East Java for my thesis, and later this study was chosen to be competed in a national competition.

I never expected that this issue would be the reason why I lost my sister this year, forever. As I am working on on that thesis, the cause of pre eclampsia remains unknown although high blood pressure is running on my family. But never once one of my big family member is gone because of it before.

Anyway, today would be her 34th birthday if she’s still with us. Instead, this day marks 100 day since her funeral.

Rest in peace Mbak, deep down I know God saved you from anything worse that could happen to you. As long as I could remember, I realise that we’ve never been that close as a sibling but I love you, and I’m sorry for never saying it to you directly until it is too late.

Xx
Adek

You May Also Like

0 comments