How to Get Over Instagram

by - 6:48 PM

Some people declare their decision to quit instagram since some research claimed that this social media is the most toxic social media.
People start to talk about this sick phenomenon called #forthesakeofthegram  because indeed people (including me) tend to show their joyful moments on instagram and later build a perspective that happiness comes from material possession. 
To show the world that ‘hey I have this and that’ and ‘I’ve been in this cool place’ and so on. In result, it brings insecurities and  it triggers some of them to show theirs as well, in a wrong way. 

Please do understand that rich people will always post their glitters or anything they want because hell yes its their account anyway. Its our own choice to follow their lifestyle or not, instead we put our energy into something more valuable. Turn it into a motivation to be like them someday, to afford something we can not have right now, so we work our ass off to get that.
OR, we could just simply change our followings.
No matter how toxic you think that is, instagram will be there. I can not blame instagram for bringing this mental issues to us but instead, I have to look and respond to it in a different way. 

And it turned out great.


Besides all cat videos I've been binge watching through my leisure time, let say that (finally) I can cook my meal by myself. There are so many recipes provided in an easy, quick way like all the soup, stir fry, or everything processed in a rice cooker. Moreover, I start to reduce plastics on daily basis—which I will tell more on another post. Gathered some information about environment issues, ended up at @zerowaste.id_official, and make the first move by bringing my own tumbler and tupperware everytime I buy take outs. My next move will be doing ecobricks and using menstrual cup. All thanks to instagram. Even though I admit that the only negative side of Instagram I couldn’t get rid of is (online) shopping :p
Meanwhile, I do not have the urge to imitate crazy rich socialites who show their luxury-laid back-lifestyle: traveling from one country to another, served in a beautiful photo followed by thousand likes. I don’t know with anyone else but I can handle this very well, and what actually driving me nuts is something else.
Since a lot of friends migrate from facebook to instagram, I think instagram is not a fun place anymore. I used to sell some stuffs and to look for inspirations from fashion to home decor through instagram, but when people keeps flooding my timeline, I hardly keep up with that. But sis, why bother if there is an unfollow or mute button sits over there?
I told you, It’s not that easy to hit unfollow button because for some friends it might be a sign for ending the friendship. They will feel that you no longer care with them (?). Moreover, it is just one of the unwritten rule to socialize here. On instagram.
As for me, I will be very much happy if you unfollow me because I don’t have to feel bad to push the unfollow button either.
And what makes me annoyed so much, is those friends who convert their account into a business one and they nonstop posting about their products that you are not interested in but you do not have the heart to unfollow them. The next thing you know, theirs are no longer follow yours.

See? I  rant about all these stuffs for 2 paragraphs.
 
For the sake of sanity, I eventually move on from instagram. Not by deactivated my account, because I still open it to keep updates about people I deeply care enough or when I have to buy something.
I try to use it less frequently--wisely.
To rest.
To keep distance from the buzzing crowd.
So then I decided to go back to the old times; reading someone’s I barely know-post on their blogs and getting this oh-wow-she-could-describe-what-I-feel-very-well kinda feeling. Reading a meaningful blogpost could figure out your true self. Somehow it enrich my minds, and feed my soul in a way. I realise how simple matter could be sentimental for them, and they pour it into some beautiful words that I could read many times.

The good point is, I could save my time by reading something that hits me right instead of seeing the tip of someone’s life (this is still a part of instagram detox). However, I'm more of a personal blog than thematic blogs (i.e. travel, beauty) , since all I want to read is a blog post about:
1. A very deep contemplation about themselves
2. A random story telling how their days went through.
3. Their story about life crisis not because I’m a misery porn but because I want to learn how they deal with it.
4. Tips that I could apply in my daily life.

Thank God after an endless blog-walking, I figure out some thoughtful posts by following these blogs:
  • Beradadisini.com
  • Pratiwihamdhana.com
  • Dvnheriyanto.wordpress.com
  • Herlittlejournal.com
  • Seerika.wordpress.com
  • Nazuragulfira.com
  • Astripujilestari.com
  • Christabercerita.com
 The next thing I knew, I become their regular visitor 🤓 (besides my friend’s blog of course 😛) I never skip to open these blogs during my lunch time because reading these could be that addictive.

You May Also Like

0 comments