Simple Habits that Change My Life
Its been a while since my last post because everything is moving so fast lately and before I mention some excuses here just let me write some simple habits that change my life:
1. I have oatmeal for breakfast
I know it looks healthy but its actually economic (ha!). But this habit does bring certain advantages:
- its so simple that only takes few minutes to make: add oat + low fat milk on your bowl and put banana/strawberry for topping. Voila! ur breakfast is ready to serve.
- Its is indeed healthy. I feel lighter and my weight scale proves it (Yayness).
- sure its good for my digestion. I have sort of constipation after moving in Jakarta but since I eat oatmeal every morning there's no need to drink yogurt regularly.
- I wont be sleepy during 8-11 am after having oat, comparing to nasi kuning or another heavy breakfast I've ever had.
2. I write
Every time I feel utterly happy or sad or confuse even mad, I write.
I yell, I curse, I moan, I whine hard.
Expressing all of my thoughts into some honest words that somehow isnt nice for certain person to read.
Seems like I write to loose it up. After writing sort paragraphs about my feeling that time, I feel relieved, like, I can make peace with that.
I dont know if there's a study saying that writing actually relieved stress but at least it is some kind of teraphy for me.
3. My bag = moving garbage can
I dont throw garbage anywhere like most people here did. However its a bit difficult for me to find a garbage can even in a public place. So I put the trash (kind of tissue, oil control paper, plastic bag, left over snack, even mineral water bottle) temporarily right in my bag. But the major problem here is I always forgot put it in trash can until my friend at times take a look what's inside my bag and tell me how gross I am. Thats how my life goes.
4. I love reading kokology
I spend most of my free time at office browsing about kokology quiz. First time I knew about it is when my elder sister majoring psychology brought some psychology books home (yes, I've ever read a book about collection of psychological counseling section in Kompas; about how a person having some mental disorder or sexual disorientation) but wait thats not the point. One day she brought kokology book by the famous Isamu Saito. But unfortunately someone borrowed that book and it never comin back before I finish reading it. Recently I use kokology to get to know people's personality by the way they answer my kokology quiz. Haha.
And yup, I used kokology to find out my future boyfie's personality (OMG I cant believe I just said 'future boyfie' *puke*). Its fun yet challenging to find out the way he solves some problem, the way he manages his money, the way he acts in a certain situation, or whether he already moved on from her ex or not.
Believe me, get ready for the worst answer.
5. I dont drink coffee
Not because I dont want to, but because I can't. Its pretty amazing to figure out what coffee can do to my body; from heartbeat fast until severe stomachache, from headache until fever. I dont even really drink typical beverage sold in minimart except bear brand, pocari sweat or yoghurt. I know I didnt do sport much lately but at least I control what I should eat or not.
Haha I know my simple habits are different from most people (especially point no 5) but all I can think about my own simple habits are these so.. see ya on the next weekly challenge :D


6 comments
Everyone has their own habits. :)
ReplyDeleteI love coffee.
I want to write but still have no idea what to write now.
indeed. just start writing from your daily habit .. hurry before the submission close :D
DeleteHey I know kokology! And I like reading about it too. Did you write some things about it in your blog?
ReplyDeletei didnt write any about that but you can just googling it. however its hard to find kokology quiz both in the internet and bookstore isnt it..
DeleteCobain overnight oat sis. kayanya endeuss dan gampil juga :9
ReplyDeleteuwuwuw master chef batch 3 muncul xD lbh endeus carrot cakemu sisssss
Delete