Children Games Now and Then #EF15
To answer this challenge, I might recall some of my childhood memories back then.
When I was a kid, I used to play hide and seek with cousins everytime visiting grandma's house.
And I never miss single day without playing bekelan, hopscotch and skipping rope with my neighbors. Let say games I mention before as traditional games.
But, not to mention that I love playing video games too. I remember that I was addicted to RPG games like Harvest Moon Back to Nature and Thousand Arms when I was in 5th grade. Especially when I got the guide book so its easier to finish the game.
taken from here
RPG games involve conversation between you and other players in order to continue to the next stage. Its quite challenging for me since all the convo is in english. That way, I always put an english dictionary next to me so whenever I find vocabs that I didnt understand I just checked it right away. Thats how I develop my English skill without taking english lessons.
Comparing to my ten year old nephew, there are not much differences.
My fam provide him tons of hot wheels, smartphone, PS and even PSP so he is free to choose whether he wants to stay inside the house or prefer to play outside in the neighborhood. He play outside like a normal kid do; doing soccer, fishing, swimming, hide and seek, cycling, even cooking with his friends. Yes, using portable stove he can cook omelette, instant noodle, fried rice, fried egg in a such age. He really is an active kid. He got sick very often since he usually skipped lunch time and busy playing with his friends. Once, he ever got drowning in the river next to my house because he rode his bike along the way near the river and fell off. Lucky him there's an adult not far from him and pulled him out.
Besides, he likes youtubing using my laptop to watch hi tech train (like shinkansen) video and everything that excite him. But what I mind is porn content that came up in a sudden. I mean, you don't know exactly when it will be popped out in the screen and let the kid watch it right?
I know that kid doing traditional game is rare to find recently. But it doesn't mean that we have to push the kids to do what we used to do back then. Different generation means different games to play.Because the world change, so do we.
And if I were a parent I wouldn't let my kid not knowing about games in smartphone or Xbox because somehow I find it educational.
In my opinion, we, as adults, should give the opportunity to the kids to try all the games in order to find out which games suits them.
Because to be balance is a thing.
Whether playing traditional games or playing games served in a such hi tech machine, kids need guidance from their parents. Its the parents who take control over the use of smartphone-PS-Xbox, you name it, by their kids.
Filter the games they used to play.
Watch the kids to not overuse it.
Sounds cliche but thats the key.
... I wont blame the game born by technology since I grew up with that.



6 comments
Interesting pov. Keep those thing in balance at least like what you did and your nephew did is the best thing.
ReplyDeleteWe are evolving and should embrace the changes around us, including those tech game type.
Febriyanlukito,com
yes you got it right. anw, thanks for dropping by ryan!
DeleteI got your point. We need to be balanced. No need to throw all gadgets away to trash bin, because different generation has different needs :D
ReplyDeleteexactly! :D
Deletethat's the point, balance between games in gadget and play outside with others...I love your opinion :)
ReplyDeletethanks :)
Delete