Saying Nice Things
I’ve been reading this kick ass post of diana rikasari's about
how to deal with people who make us feel bad about ourselves and it did give me
some inspiration to write this.
I dealt with these kind of people this whole year and I
never realized that I’ve experienced this. Here are the examples:
‘woow I thought you only had rusty tableware’
‘look at you! you have a double chin now!’
‘you had that straight-thick boring eyebrows!’
‘can you go shopping in a prestigious dept store instead of
buying unbranded stuff?’
‘where did you take that picture? in front of warehouse?’
(eerrr
actually its my house)
‘Gosh, you look so tanned!’
(fyi having a dark skin tone in here
is a big no no)
‘Wait, what? you never eat that before?’
Such shallow, yet insulting remarks. They just split it out
on my face and didn’t think about how I feel.
I feel pity for myself at first.
Did I look that bad to them?
Should I go to grocery and get a new one?
Should I go to a gym, do diet, buy slimming cream, or even
take diet pills like everyone else?
Should I shave off my eyebrows?
Should I buy expensive clothes in a prestigious boutique?
Should I take a picture in front of fancy house in the
neighbourhood?
Should I get my self whitening vit c injection to whiten my
skin?
Should I dine in a fancy restaurant?
All that insecurity
came because of that kind of remarks. I bet these people didn’t even bother to
think how mean their words are. Not to mention that they didn’t even notice a
bit of bullying slip in their saying. I know exactly what I like or not
everytime I know someone’s taste/opinion/attitude but I don't feel the need to say
some words that make them feel uncomfortable about themselves.
And I’ve tried to get over it. Slowly I found out which
opinion deserves my attention or not because that kind of person will
always be there somewhere in my life to make me feel insecure and intimidated. All I have to do is just to be happy in my own way.
I’m grateful enough to be able to eat using an atique tableware
and I’m happy by eating everything I want and not to left
some waste on my plate
and a bold straight eyebrows is really a thing in 2014
(hopefully in 2015 too)
and I’m pretty comfortable by wearing plain t shirts
everywhere I go
and I can sleep tight in my old sketchy house instead in a 2
star hotel room
and tanned skin is somehow is a new sexy now,
and I’m grateful I can have a cheap, healthy food to eat
everyday
Sometimes we don't realize this phenomenon between us because
nowadays being outspoken is a trend but if it didn’t come with generosity and
good manners, it would turn out to be an irritating words. I mean, who can
stand any longer to hear such an empty, unmotivated words plus to see a pity in their
eyes?
yea, people who keep making you feel bad about yourself, they are the
worst.
Considering how great these things
affect to me, I avoid saying unnecessary opinion like that and say nice things
instead. Hold my tongue and think twice before I say. I admit that I probably
insult people like that too, and now I know how much it hurts so I decide to
say only a kind, necessary one.


2 comments
just be you and no one else can change that :)
ReplyDeletedefinitely :)
Delete