Start Ups That Makes My Less Waste Journey Easy
I really don’t know when exactly my interest in the environment grew, but I remember I was keen on getting into Environmental Engineering; my first choice for SNMPTN exam—which by the way, I’ve never gotten into.
Since I was a kid, I’ve been taught to use clean water and electricity wisely, more of a bill-wise kinda thing other than eco-friendly things (or maybe that was easier for kids to understand, or easier for adults to explain, I don’t know). Yet that was a good start though.
Fast forward to these days, when I got married and double the garbage that I always put into the trash bin at the end of the day, and how I always wait for the trash pick up service to come, I realise that we, humans, are lame. The fact that the pick up guys happened to be the unfortunate ones to deal with tons of trash produced by people they don’t know about and the ones who risked their safety and health yet still being underpaid saddened me. I know that the system has failed us, but I think there’s something I can do to help.
When I finally enjoyed being at home for a longer time due to the pandemic, I started to dig more of what I could actually do in order to reduce anorganic waste. At that time I thought, how come I could avoid all of the excessive packaging coming through the mail and the daily products I’ve consumed all this time. Reducing online shopping (and ordering food online!) is one thing, but reducing everyday necessities (mostly packaging) is just another story.
One day, “Beli yang Baik Sustainable and Consumption Expo” popped up at my timeline. That's when I was introduced to @siklusrefill and @rekosistem. Knowing that they would be there, I couldn't hide my excitement to A—I asked him to accompany and help me bring the cleaned trash. Somehow, my house is just like Bantar Gebang since I kept most of the trash 🤭 : thin wall containers, shampoo bottles, sanitizer spray bottles, honey glass bottles, body wash refill packages, skincare bottles and jars, a lot of unavoidable bubble wraps and cartons. All of this overwhelmed me and more often than not annoyed A as well. Actually, I got the sense that A didn’t get me with this whole less waste things but that's okay 😅 I hope he could someday.
Briefly, Siklusrefill is a startup that focuses on reducing plastic pollution by providing refills of basic necessities in bulk. Of course, it comes with a considerably low price because we the consumer do not have to buy the packaging. But really we can reuse everything for the packaging, like empty water bottles, cold pressed juice bottles, wafer cans, etc.
So what about the products?
Did siklusrefill already fulfil the distribution license?
Worry not, it offers familiar brands from Rinso detergent, Lifebuoy bodywash, to Barco cooking oil!
The product range is quite varied, considering it is founded in 2019. If you’re curious with their price list, please go straight to their highlight “pricelist” on instagram. They're going to update it periodically.
I’m glad that the expo was empty at that time so there was less chance of getting infected by Sars-Cov-2. I brought home 1L of Molto liquid softener, 500ml Lifebuoy handwash, 2.5L Barco worth only Rp 70.000 (!!) , and loofah.
Beside the expo, I can access them through apps. Just one click away and they will be right there on my doorstep. Free delivery it is!
Another startup that I’m interested in is Rekosistem.
As far as I know, Rekosistem is a leading waste management startup in Indonesia that provides waste pick up limited in Jabodetabek and waste drop off in certain locations. It offers trash pick up subscription per month and gives a report of the trash you have stored.
Well, I am beyond ecstatic with these startups' existence—I want to show my support for everything that shares the same value—to tackle global warming—by using their service continuously and posting it to social media in order to raise awareness among my friends. I voluntarily spread this good news to my community and work mates. I genuinely want these startups to be big in this country 😁
Hopefully, there will be collaboration between siklusrefill and bulk source, or any other green movement startups, or pure-co brands (their detergent disposal is safe for sea life), or minimarket like indomaret 🤞🏻, so that siklus will be easier to access, and in result, not only can we avoid using disposable packaging, we might as well can lessen the carbon footprint from the distribution.





2 comments
Kak Ziii, thank you so much untuk infonyaaa 😍
ReplyDeleteBeberapa tahun lalu saat aku lagi panas-panasnya ingin hidup less waste, nyari yang bisa refill begini susah bangettt 😭 sekalinya ada, lokasinya jauh banget dari rumahku 😂.
Semoga hal-hal seperti ini bisa lebih luas menjangkau masyarakat agar bisa lebih banyak orang yang hidup less waste ♥️
Oiya, aku sampai sekarang masih bingung sama pakaian. Kalau baju masih bisa disumbangi, kalau pakaian dalam yang nggak bisa dipakai lagi, gimana cara alihkannya? Apa harus berakhir di tempat sampah? 😂
hehe sekarang bisa cobain Li, orangnya langsung nyampe depan rumah hanya modal WA/ apps doang. Kalau bisa Lia ajak tetangga2 juga biar masnya bisa sekali jalan.
DeleteSayangnya, selama ini aku masih begitu Li :( dibuang tapi sebelum itu digunting into pieces dulu. Jadi ingat, di Ashta sempat ada drop box untuk baju yang tidak layak pakai dan baju layak pakai. Mungkin bisa dimasukkan ke drop box pakaian tidak layak pakai kali ya..🤭