End of 2020

by - 8:14 PM

The end of 2020 was not really good—at least for me, mentally.
I thought I was okay.
Up until now I was grateful to still be able to pay bills, spend more time with A thanks to my office that allows their employee to work from home in shifting (because normally I could see him only on the weekend), look after my plants 24/7, started composting organic waste, was tested negative for Covid 19 despite having contact with the suspect by giving her a (motorbike) ride.
However, I’m pretty proud of myself that I could pass through this year, peacefully, without getting my back scrapped (kerokan), massage or foot reflexology like I usually do (read: before covid) once a month. Yeah people give me a mic to drop! 😂😆Also, if I’m not mistaken, I went to the mall less than tenth time during a year, wow even I count that as a personal achievement 😂
That number included 3 times we had had since A’s brand new laptop broke so we did not have any option rather than to take a short trip to the mall to repair it—but in the end we got a brand new one for an exchange 😆
Moreover, I had some time to watch the popular Korean Drama named Reply 1988 that really blew my mind. I mean, the series showed me that it proves to me that it does not necessarily require a flashy mansion or fancy car or latest fashion to make me enjoy korean drama. This show offered such a warm connection between the little neighbourhood with a lot of humor. For someone who rarely watch K-dramas, this series is a top notch. Not to mention, the sheep sound is hilarious 🐏. I also binged Modern Family every night before going to sleep. All I really need is a good laugh to keep my sanity during this pandemic.
Somehow, in early December, my period schedule screwed up. It all started with the fact that we had to give up our mudik that we’ve planned (for so long) at the end of December since the covid-19 case rose. Clearly, to avoid any unwanted situation, sadly we have to abort our road trip 😢
However, the heart wants what it wants.
It was like part of my emotional brain gave the signal to my uterus to bleed the whole month. The tense situation between the logic and the desire inside of me reached the breaking point when I cough endlessly every morning and was sick to my stomach and thr*w up like crazy. That’s when A realised that I was feeling pretty depressed due to the canceled mudik plan. On one hand we’re worried that with me being sick meaning that my immune system was in a low state so it could be easier for me to get infected by Sars-Cov-2 virus. Yet on the other hand, it looked like I was not going to get well anytime soon no matter how much medicine I took.
On December 24, during his Jum’ah prayer suddenly A texted me, “if you really want to go home, prepare some cash and get the e-toll loaded.”
And yep, we hit the road that very night and 12 hours later we finally arrived at my hometown. Even though we got tested negative, we still put on masks in any circumstances and did not make any physical touch with our own family. We just stayed inside the house and absorbed the heat that East and Central Java had to offer. I did not get to see my childhood friends either.
But I never feel this happy. Even watching Korean Drama or having my favorite ramen would not make me this happy. It was so good to see my family’s faces and being surrounded by them, listening to their updates about what’s going on lately in their life. I can not lie that home is still where my heart goes.
Anyway, wishing everyone a safe, healthy, happy new year!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Kak Ziii, happy new year! 🥳 Semoga tahun ini lebih baik dibanding tahun sebelumnya yaaa.
    Anyway, 2020 kemarin sepertinya aku juga hanya 10x main ke mall, bahkan kurang 😂 semua karena adanya pandemi, dipikir-pikir jadi hemat juga ya nggak sering ke mall 🤭
    Glad to hear pada akhirnya Kak Zi bisa kembali bertemu dengan keluarga. Semoga semuanya sehat-sehat ya! Kondisi Kak Zi sekarang gimana? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aamiin.. as expected Li, langsung berangsur sembuh pas mudik hahaha. Yak betul sekali jadi hemat kitaa terhindar dari jajan boba dan kawan-kawannyaa :D
    anw thank you for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete