What Could Happen in A Year
January 2019. I took 3 day off, rushed to my hometown because my sisters asked me to come home quick to accompany mom while they were away. Apparently Dad decided to file a divorce after a series of attempt to abuse mom verbally and physically. A part of me was relieved that this finally happened but on the other side I’m afraid mom will be homeless even though she’s the one who paid off the debt that Dad put the house as collateral.
February 2019. A mini earthquake happened for my comfort zone, since everything was so awfully different than the previous one. Apparently these changes include the dissolving of 2 unit into 1 unit, where I was unfortunately in it. New people, new environment, new rules.
March 2019. I fell in love with plants. It all started when I got bored during break time and I bumped into bestdressed channel on youtube, amused by how she style her apartment with greeneries. Since then I browse everything about the easy care house plants and do water propagation to multiply some of the plants that I brought back home on January (most likely, I will write more about this soon).
April 2019. Dad went cuckoo because mom lost his ID Card he needed to file a divorce. I shared my room for months with my preggo friend and yeay I've got a temporary room mate who is craving Richeese every single night.
May 2019. I and A decided not to do mudik lebaran after knowing that we still need to save up some money in order to get our wish list checked: Porch canopy. I couldn't bear with the heat coming from sun rays exposure so sooner or later we have to actually install that. Nevertheless, I bought tickets two weeks after Eid because its still available and cheap enough.
June 2019, several days after Eid Al Fitr. My sister’s sudden pass away. I know deep down inside I unconsciously build this kind of simulation in my mind over and over myself that someday something worse would happen but until this point I realise that I could never be prepared mentally. Everyone who knows her knew that she’s in a good condition among local communities who have the same illness. Her last wish for us taking a decent family photo was never happened since I didn’t come home for Lebaran. Her leaving brought a big hole to our hearts as never ending ‘what ifs’ popped up during our grief days. However, recently we reached a point where we finally accept the fact that God has taken her to save her from a big disaster that is about to come.
July 2019. I failed AJ04 exam.
August 2019. Another huge tsunami at my workplace. Apparently the packed unit I was in was finally split into 3 unit (Thank GOD). And we’ve got a new member in our mini team. We could see it coming because it was ourselves who requested this person to HC to be our soon team mate. However, we’ve mistakenly got the information that this new kid was from Sidoarjo so it would be easier for him to go back to his hometown from Jakarta rather than his previous placement, Denpasar. Turned out he’s from Jember ?? I’ve never screwed someone’s life this much OMG. Anyway as the result, since there're 3 of us, we could finish the job faster and I kinda enjoy my presence at the office.
November 2019. I failed another AJ04 exam. Mom visited me again. She spent most of the days with her college friends—attended a reunion and coming home with a big smile on her face. One day in this month, I managed to meet my old friend and had a girl talk and enjoyed nice dessert.
December 2019. I took flight to Palembang with my workmate for business trip, and ended up in a sketchy OYO hotel near airport (provided by colleagues there) where young, naive face couples were in and out and the room was so filthy I even sprayed baygon on every corner of this room by myself. I barely slept in F*ve Hotel, let alone this under maintenance place. I stayed up late at the lobby til late and refused to enter my room or take a bath since my mind was full and exhausted and angry and hungry I cried my eyes out. I promise I won't get myself under 3 star hotel for business trip or any circumstances. Damn.
When I got to office the other day, my boss was shocked knowing that we spent the night where it is known as a prostitution area.
When I got to office the other day, my boss was shocked knowing that we spent the night where it is known as a prostitution area.
On the last of the month, there's a good news. A got scholarship at a prestigious university in here. I've never been this happy. This was such the highlight of the year.
I could tell that 2019 is just so bad til it forces me to gulp more caffeine and make me hard to sleep at the end of the day. The family drama on the first quarter of 2019 was not actually happened because his ID Card remains lost and to recover it is not that simple since Dad is not capable to mobile easily now, yet he is still the same bad temper old man like he used to. I don't know how to get through this whirlwind of life without A's constant support and his patience to endure all my whining during our night ride to home. Nonetheless, I think my meet ups and changing conversation with my girl friends are something that keeping me sane and I'm grateful for that.



0 comments